All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers, Third Edition continues the tradition of past editions to provide applications of pharmacological principles specifically aimed at the athletic trainer. The drug categories that are included are primarily those that may be pertinent to the treatment of athletic injuries or that may affect athletic performance. Drs. Joel Houglum, Gary Harrelson, and Teresa Seefeldt have taken a unique aspect to the organization and design of the Third Edition to be instructional discussions regarding the use and effects of drugs and of the disease states treated by these drug categories. Additionally, there is a specific discussion of the role of the athletic trainer regarding the therapeutic use and effects of these drugs. Features of the Third Edition:* Satisfies all of the CAATE Educational Competencies on pharmacology* Advanced organizers and specific learning objectives at the beginning of each chapter* Summaries after each major topic within the chapter* Case studies and clinical applications* Discussion on popular fitness supplements* Key words are in italics and defined in the glossary* Concept maps present important, yet complex, processes in a concise, graphical way* Shaded textboxes throughout include additional information and are beneficial for the reader to recall a key concept addressed in an earlier chapter* New ancillary materials specifically for faculty that include PowerPoint slides and test bank questions for each chapter Instructors in educational settings can visit www.efacultylounge.com for additional materials to be used for teaching in the classroom. Principles of Pharmacology for Athletic Trainers, Third Edition will continue to be the go-to resource to determine the best pharmacological treatment strategy and management by athletic trainers.
- Author BiographyJoel E. Houglum, PhD, received a BS in Pharmacy from the University of Minnesota and a PhD in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry from the University of Wisconsin. He was Assistant Dean and Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College of Pharmacy at SDSU, where he taught courses in pharmacology and pharmaceutical biochemistry for 28 years.He was recognized by SDSU for his teaching excellence and selected the Pharmacy College Teacher of the Year 10 times.His other publications have been in the areas of leukotrienes, analytical chemistry, curriculum planning and evaluation, and pharmacology for athletic trainers, with publications in the Journal of Athletic Training and Athletic Therapy Today. He has given presentations at the NATA Annual Meeting & Clinical Symposia and at other professional meetings. Gary L. Harrelson, EdD, ATC, received a BS in Athletic Training, an MS in Exercise Physiology, and an EdD in Administration and Teaching from the University of Southern Mississippi. He is the Director of Organizational Development and Education (ODE) for the DCH Health System in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Since his certification as an athletic trainer in 1985, Gary has worked as an athletic trainer in multiple settings, which include high school, clinic, collegiate, and professional sports. Gary has taught in the athletic training curriculums at the University of Alabama and the University of Southern Mississippi. He was an Associate Editor for the Journal of Athletic Training and Athletic Therapy Today. Additionally, he is the coauthor of the book Physical Rehabilitation of the Injured Athlete, 4th edition; Administrative Topics in Athletic Training: Concepts to Practice ; and a CD-ROM on Joint Mobilization and an 8-video series on evaluation. He has written numerous articles and made many professional presentations at the state, regional, and national levels, as well as internationally. Teresa M. Seefeldt, PharmD, PhD, received a BS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, PharmD, and PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences from South Dakota State University. She is an Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, College of Pharmacy at South Dakota State University (SDSU) and teaches courses in the areas of pharmacology and toxicology. Teresa has been recognized as the College of Pharmacy Teacher of the Year and received the Edward Patrick Hogan Award for Teaching Excellence from SDSU. Her research interests involve oxidative stress in cardiovascular diseases and cancer.
- Author(s)Gary L. Harrelson,Joel Houglum,Teresa Seefeldt
- PublisherSLACK Incorporated
- Date of Publication30/12/2015
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationThorofare
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSLACK Incorporated
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1372 g
- Width176 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.