All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Physiology for the Anaesthetist, w in its Third Edition, continues to provide candidates with a tailor-made alternative to more general physiology textbooks and delivers information designed and written specifically with the trainee anaesthetist in mind. The book covers the physiology of all major organ systems, with specific emphasis on the nervous, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems. In addition, special sections on the physiology of pain, the physiology of ageing, and the physiological effects of specific environments-all highly relevant to anaesthetic practice-have been incorporated. The third edition builds upon several new features introduced in the last edition: learning objectives, areas for reflection, and a handy summary of physiological equations and tables. Copious diagrams throughout support the text and aid in the understanding of difficult concepts. The authors integrate their teaching experience in physiology into the content to improve the understanding of the fundamentals of human physiology in relation to the work of the anaesthetist. This book will remain an invaluable reference throughout anaesthetic training and beyond, as well as a useful revision aid.
- Author BiographyPeter Kam, MBBS, MD, FRCA, FANZCA, FFARCSI, FHKCA (Hon), is the Nuffield Professor of Anaesthetics, Sydney Medical School, University of Sydney, Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Camperdown, NSW, Australia. His research interests include perioperative platelet dysfunction and pharmacology of inhaled drugs and local anaesthetic drugs. Ian Power, BSc (Hon), MD, FRCA, FFPMANZCA, FRCS Edin, FRCP Edin, is professor emeritus at the University of Edinburgh in the UK.
- Author(s)Ian Power,Peter Kam
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication30/09/2011
- FormatMixed media product
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintHodder Arnold
- Content Note339 black & white illustrations, 27 black & white tables
- Weight1065 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.