Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $190.44Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $139.95+ AU $50.00 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe new edition of a classic text and reference The large chains of molecules kwn as polymers are currently used in everything from wash and wear clothing to rubber tires to protective enamels and paints. Yet the practical applications of polymers are only increasing; invations in polymer chemistry constantly bring both improved and entirely new uses for polymers onto the techlogical playing field. Principles of Polymerization, Fourth Edition presents the classic text on polymer synthesis, fully updated to reflect today's state of the art. New and expanded coverage in the Fourth Edition includes: Metallocene and post-metallocene polymerization catalysts Living polymerizations (radical, cationic, anionic) Dendrimer, hyperbranched, brush, and other polymer architectures and assemblies Graft and block copolymers High-temperature polymers Irganic and orgametallic polymers Conducting polymers Ring-opening polymer ization In vivo and in vitro polymerization Appropriate for both vice and advanced students as well as professionals, this comprehensive yet accessible resource enables the reader to achieve an advanced, up-to-date understanding of polymer synthesis. Different methods of polymerization, reaction parameters for synthesis, molecular weight, branching and crosslinking, and the chemical and physical structure of polymers all receive ample coverage. A thorough discussion at the elementary level prefaces each topic, with a more advanced treatment following. Yet the language throughout remains straightforward and geared towards the student. Extensively updated, Principles of Polymerization, Fourth Edition provides an excellent textbook for today's students of polymer chemistry, chemical engineering, and materials science, as well as a current reference for the researcher or other practitioner working in these areas.
- Author BiographyGEORGE ODIAN received his PhD from Columbia University. He is currently Emeritus Professor of Chemistry at the College of Staten Island of the City University of New York. He has previously served as professor of chemistry and chairman, Division of Pure and Applied Sciences at Richmond College of CUNY, assistant professor at Columbia University, research director of RAI Research Company, and research chemist at Thiokol Chemical Company. He has written over sixty research publications and authored both taped and short courses for the American Chemical Society. He is also the coauthor of four books in general, organic, and biochemistry.
- Author(s)George Odian
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication05/03/2004
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1306 g
- Width165 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.