All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $86.07
- AU $18.54Trending at AU $23.02
- AU $29.00Trending at AU $39.16
About this product
- DescriptionThis book asserts that the better one understands the causes of behavior, the better one can apply that kwledge to produce a better world. It describes the mechanisms that cause human behavior, such as freedom of will, in a manner consistent with religious beliefs. It also asserts that all avenues for studying human behavior, like intuition and prayer, are acceptable and necessary. Thus, when studying the agent of human action, we must rely on faith, logic, and intuition, in addition to the full use of empirical science. Principles of Psychology for People of God begins with a description of the nervous system and continues with chapters on development, perception, internal states, learning, memory, and the ultimate selection of behaviors. Nevertheless, it steadfastly emphasizes that behavior is t produced by physical mechanisms alone, but also by a n-material spirit that can transcend some inheritances and environments.
- Author BiographyE. Rae Harcum, Ph.D., is a professional psychologist and a long-time member of a Protestant denomination. He taught psychology at the college level for many years. Harcum has authored many journal articles in psychology and several books on psychology and religion.
- Author(s)E. Rae Harcum
- PublisherUniversity Press of America
- Date of Publication07/12/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity Press of America
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width150 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.