Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionPRINCIPLES OF SOIL DYNAMICS is an unparalleled reference book designed for an introductory course on Soil Dynamics. Authors Braja M. Das, best selling authority on Geotechnical Engineering, and Ramana V. Gunturi, Dean of the Civil Engineering Department at the India Institute of Techlogy in New Delhi, present a well revised update of this already well established text. The primary focus of the book is on the applications of soil dynamics and t on the underlying principles. The material covered includes the fundamentals of soil dynamics, dynamic soil properties, foundation vibration, soil liquefaction, pile foundation and slope stability.
- Author BiographyDr. Braja Das is Dean Emeritus of the College of Engineering and Computer Science at California State University, Sacramento. He received his M.S. in Civil Engineering from the University of Iowa and his Ph.D. in Geotechnical Engineering from the University of Wisconsin. He is the author of a number of geotechnical engineering texts and reference books and more than 250 technical papers in the area of geotechnical engineering. His primary areas of research include shallow foundations, earth anchors, and geosynthetics. Dr. Das is a Fellow and Life Member of the American Society of Civil Engineers, Life Member of the American Society for Engineering Education, and an Emeritus Member of the Chemical and Mechanical Stabilization Committee of the Transportation Research Board of the National Research Council (Washington D.C.). He has received numerous awards for teaching excellence, including the AMOCO Foundation Award, the AT&T Award for Teaching Excellence from the American Society for Engineering Education, the Ralph Teetor Award from the Society of Automotive Engineers, and the Distinguished Achievement Award for Teaching Excellence from the University of Texas at El Paso.
- Author(s)Braja M. Das,G. V. Ramana
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence, KY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNelson Engineering
- Weight868 g
- Width188 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd International student edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.