All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.78Trending at AU $42.43
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.76
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Terahertz Science and Techlogy aims to elucidate the fundamentals of THz techlogy and science for potential new users. It surveys major techniques of generating, detecting, and manipulating THz waves and also discusses a number of essential processes where THz waves interact with physical, chemical, and biological systems. This book serves as an introduction to THz techlogy for new researchers in various fields. Many different disciplines, such as ultrafast spectroscopy, semiconductor device fabrication, bio-medical imaging and more, involve the recent development of THz techlogy. It is necessary to lay down a strong, common foundation among researchers, so that communication can proceed smoothly. Previous THz research activities have concentrated on generation and detection, but the focus has w shifted to practical applications of this techlogy, such as high-speed optoelectronic signal processing and molecular spectroscopy. Drawing upon years of practical experience and using numerous examples and illustrative applications Yun-Shik Lee discusses: * The major techniques of generating, detecting, and manipulating THz waves * Essential processes where THz waves interact with physical, chemical, and biological systems * Medical Applications of T-Ray Imaging including, optical properties of human tissue, cancer diagstics, reflective imaging of skin burns and detection of dental caries Principles of Terahertz Science and Techlogy is an ideal book for applied physicists, microwave engineers, biomedical engineers, electrical engineers, and analytical chemists interested in the fundamentals and applications of THz engineering.
- Author(s)Yun-Shik Lee
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note298 black & white illustrations, 20 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1490 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.