All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a beautiful and practical handbook on how to develop and use patterns and motifs on a wide range of domestic items, ranging from clothing to wallpaper. The book shows how to create and choose ideas and pull themes together. It also teaches how to develop whole 'looks' for interior spaces starting with mood boards or sketchbooks. There is guidance on colours and selecting your palette as well as developing motifs and patterns and looking at layout and composition ideas. Various surface decoration techniques such as stencils, applique and screenprinting are also discussed. Finally, there are suggestions on how readers can develop and use their own designs and patterns. Techniques for printing onto a range of surfaces are included, from fabric and stationery to furniture, wallpaper and painted surfaces. Screenprinting is used for cushions, curtains, blinds, placemats, table runners, wallpaper and so on. Stencil techniques are described for use on floors, walls, furniture, fabrics and other soft furnishings. And applique and mixed media ideas for decorating wall panels, cushions and general soft furnishings are also given. All in all, this is an excellent introduction to designing and using your own patterns and motifs in a creative way.
- Author BiographyMother and daughter team Yvonne and Rebecca Drury make up the company known as MissPrint. Their work has been featured at Origin, they have developed a range of stationery for WH Smith and they have been shortlisted for one of the Hidden Art Awards. They are a bright and energetic duo whose work is rapidly winning acclaim.
- Author(s)Rebecca Drury,Yvonne Drury
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication15/08/2010
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintA & C Black Publishers Ltd
- Content Note120, full colour throughout
- Weight431 g
- Width210 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine15 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.