All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionToday, the book and type designer Frederic Warde is chiefly remembered for his collaboration with Stanley Morison, (designer of the Times New Roman font) for his creation of the singular typeface Arrighi.Although his life was short (he died in 1939 at the age of just 45), he had pursued a peripatetic, rollercoaster career that saw him come into contact with nearly all the leading players in the field - including Bruce Rogers, Mardersteig, Updike, Ruzicka, George Macy, and, of course, Morison. Printer's Devil draws on a wide range of surviving documentation to piece together a fascinating picture of Warde's often complex life during a critical period in the history of design, type, and printing.
- Author BiographySimon Loxley is a successful graphic designer and writer. His work has appeared in numerous publications, including Design Week, Baseline, and Printing History.
- Author(s)Simon Loxley
- PublisherDavid R. Godine Publisher Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDavid R. Godine Publisher Inc
- Content Notecolour & b&w illustrations throughout
- Weight454 g
- Width146 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.