All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPriscilla, a young, wealthy Chicago widow and Tim, a poor Alabama soldier, will fall in love. This budding love affair has to wait, however, until Priscilla has proof that her attorney husband is dead. This gripping story about two individuals from different backgrounds brought together by bizarre events. Priscilla, beautiful, reared in wealth married in her teens to an older attorney, whose law practice, she found out later, was defending the social scum of the 1920s, crooked politicians, fight promoters and bank robbers. Tim comes from a hard-working, poor rtheast Alabama farming folk. He is handsome and bright. As the plot unfolds, Priscilla's attorney husband is mysteriously killed and his body is never recovered. The suspected killers are found by the police in the Arizona desert. A gun battle with police ensues and one suspected killer dies. The other suspect is captured, but escapes and is recaptured two time before he is brought to trial. From the first meeting, Priscilla and Tim are attracted to each other. On one occasion, Priscilla gives Tim some law journals to read. In one of them, Tim finds the plans for a bank robbery. He begins to investigate the recent past and finds condemning answers. Tim is falling more deeply in love. Out of respect for her station in life, he keeps his tender feeling from Priscilla. The ending is a gripper!
- Author BiographyJim Browning was born and raised in a rural community in northeast Alabama. He enlisted in the US Army soon after his eighteenth birthday and was accepted as a student in the army leadership school. He served as a platoon leader during the Korean conflict. As a casualty of war he spent six plus months in four field hospitals, two hospital ships and one base hospital located at Sapporo on the Islander of Hokkaido, Japan. Upon discharge from the hospital he was assigned to the Japanese Logistical Command and was further assigned as a body guard for the royal family. Jim is personally acquainted with His Royal Majesty Akihito 125th, Emperor of Japan. Later he was assigned to the First Guided Missile Brigade and worked in the same office with Doctor Wernher Von Braun. As a civilian Jim's entrepreneurial spirit led him to incorporate five companies. Jim is married and has five sons and forty three grand and great grand children. He has written an army training manual, two quality control manuals, a genealogical record for his family. He has written and published four books; A Lone Man, Priscilla, Breast Feed Your Dreams and The 3rd Platoon. His advise to the would be entrepreneur is to dream big dreams and to those seeking success his counsel is; The bigger the dream, the bigger the rewards.
- Author(s)MR Jim Browning
- Date of Publication20/10/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectBiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight141 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine6 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.