All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPenal institutions and the detention ministry, due to their uniqueness, communicate a few positive messages to society. However, this study takes us further beyond the sterile complaints about pelogical systems, and dramatically reveals the mesmerizing and often monstrous flaws in our criminal justice systems. Emerging detention staff squabbles, in penal institutions, can culminate to factual aberrations of felons' improper reformation and rehabilitation; and to incidences of ermous problems in the determination of the recidivistic rates of ex-convicts and parolees. A correction system has done quite well if it is able to turn major offenders into mir ones, and frequent offenders into infrequent ones. Comparison basically curtails any presumptive or theoretically qualified conceptualization. Therefore, the comparative nature of this study, which acts as an epistemological operative Leitdifferenz, remains a cultural preview for the existence of some scientific evidences for further discussions and researches in pelogical studies.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Michael Ndubueze Diochi is a native of Agbaja in Ehime-Mbano of Imo State, Nigeria. Since his priestly ordination in 1980 he has served as a parish vicar in various parishes in Umuahia & Okigwe. He taught English language, Econs & Religion at Ugiri & Nneato Secondary Schools. As a missionary at Sierra Leone he served as a chaplain at Fourah-Bay University, military & police chaplain, & parish vicar and Manager of schools. He served as a parish chaplain at Koeln (Germany). From the Universites of Urban (Rome), Nsukka (Nigeria), Leuven (Belgium), St. Anselmo (Rome), & Wuppertal (Germany), he obtained academic degrees, such as: BD (Theo.), PGDE & M.Ed. (Edu.), M.A. & M.A. Adv. (Social Anthrop.), M.A. (Theo.), & Ph.D. (Sociology).
- Author(s)Michael Ndubueze Diochi
- PublisherPeter Lang AG
- Date of Publication01/11/2001
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleEuropaische Hochschulschriften/European University Studies / Publications Universitaires Europeennes Reihe 22: Soziologie/Series 22: Sociology/Serie 22: Sociologie
- Series Part/Volume Number362
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintPeter Lang AG
- Content Notefig.
- Weight520 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.