All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $39.15
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.66
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.32
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.16
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.17
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.51
About this product
- DescriptionThrough the centuries, prisons were closed institutions, full of secrets and shrouded in mystery. But modern media culture has opened the gates. Dawn Cecil explores decades of popular culture-from Golden Age Hollywood films to YouTube videos, from newspapers to beer labels, hip-hop music, and children's books-to reveal how prison imagery shapes our understanding of who commits crimes, why, and how the criminal justice system should respond.
- Author BiographyDawn K. Cecil is associate professor of criminology at the University of South Florida, St. Petersburg.
- Author(s)Dawn K. Cecil
- PublisherLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication15/08/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationBoulder CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLynne Rienner Publishers Inc
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.