All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSALES HANDLE: A real page turner, yet meticulously researched, this is the story of a heroine that will appeal to contemporary readers -- yet filled with lavish and interesting details of the time. And a great way to sneak in a little history info. KEY SELLING POINTS: HOW WILL THIS TITLE BE DISTINCTIVE: - With the exception of one entry in Scholastic's 'Royal Diaries' series, I have t yet found any juvenile vel with princess/queen Victoria as a central character. EXISTING TREND/DEFINE CONSUMER: - Strong subject appeal: interest in the 'royals' appears to be everlasting and to cross all age groups. (Witness the Phillipa Gregory series for adults; the Young Royals and Royal Diaries series for young readers; and even the Gemma Doyle trilogy and the 'Luxe' series for YA, which are t royals-focused, but are Victorian and convey a kind of lavishness.) - Novels in period settings are regularly among award winners. - We don't yet have any historical vels on our children's list. QUANTIFY VALUE: - Historical fiction resonates with schools and parents, yet the princess aspect will appeal to girls, so there is something for everyone. NOTABLE AUTHORS OR CONTRIBUTORS TO PROJECT: - Quality writing from a debut velist RELEVANT SALES COMPARISONS OR SALES INFO: See above section on 'royals' trend.
- Author BiographyNAME: Michaela MacColl LOCATION: Westport, CT TRAVEL AVAILABILITY/PROMOTABILITY: fairly available / very promotable.
- Author(s)Michaela MacColl
- PublisherChronicle Books
- Date of Publication29/10/2010
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationCalifornia
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChronicle Books
- Out-of-print date24/07/2012
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine33 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.