All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Sanders-Hardiman expedition archaeologists and scientists are returning from Peru with the mummy of Incan Rascar Capac. No sooner do they arrive home than, one by one, they are struck down by a mysterious illness. The last remaining is Professor Tarragon. In an attempt to save him, Tintin & co. take on the challenge of solving the mystery - The next day, Professor Calculus makes an incredible discovery that takes our heroes on a whole new adventure! These special Young Readers' editions feature the original classic comic story as well as extra bonus background material, which gives an insight into the book's creation and inspiration, together with a character portraits section.
- Author BiographyHerge (Georges Remi) was born in Brussels in 1907. His pseudonym comes from his initials backwards (R.G., as pronounced in French). Over the course of 54 years he completed 23 albums of The Adventures of Tintin series, which is now considered to be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, comics series of all time. With translations published in over 80 languages, more than 230 million copies sold worldwide and a Hollywood movie to its name, Tintin dominates the Comics and Graphic Novels chart even today. Sadly, Herge died in 1983, leaving his 24th album, Tintin and Alph-Art, unfinished, but his hero continues to be one of the most iconic characters in both adult and children's fiction.
- Author(s)Georges Remi Herge
- PublisherEgmont UK Ltd
- Date of Publication03/07/2014
- SubjectChildren's Comic Strip Fiction & Graphic Novels
- Series TitleTintin Young Readers Series
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintEgmont Books Ltd
- Content Notechiefly illustrations (colour)
- Weight219 g
- Width156 mm
- Height227 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.