All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume on penitentiary systems in the Americas offers a long-overdue look at the prisons that exist at the forefront of the ongoing struggle against drugs and violence throughout North, Central, and South America and the Caribbean. From Haiti to Bolivia, the authors examine the conditions in these systems, and allow several common themes to emerge, including the alarming prevalence of lengthy pre-trial detention and the often abysmal living conditions in these institutions. Taken together, this comprises the first comparative overview of the use and abuse of prisons in the Americas.
- Author BiographyJonathan D. Rosen is research professor at the Institute of International Studies at the Universidad del Mar, Mexico. Marten Brienen teaches political science at Oklahoma State University.
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication09/04/2015
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleSecurity in the Americas in the Twenty-First Century
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note3 charts, 12 tables, 11 graphs
- Weight526 g
- Width161 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byJonathan D. Rosen,Marten W. Brienen
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $43.76
- AU $35.05Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.25
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.