All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionIn this title, the author examines how penal policies emanating from the United States have spread thoughout the world. The author argues that the policies have their roots in a network of Reagan-era conservative think tanks, which used them as weapons in their crusade to dismantle the welfare state and, in effect, criminalise poverty.
- Author BiographyLoic Wacquant is professor of sociology at the University of California, Berkeley, and researcher at the Centre de sociologie europeenne, Paris.
- Author(s)Loic Wacquant
- PublisherUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Date of Publication24/09/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Series TitleContradictions S.
- Place of PublicationMinneapolis
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Minnesota Press
- Content Note5 b&w photos, 10 tables
- Weight272 g
- Width137 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.