All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs surveillance an acceptable practice to aid state security? Does a person's right to privacy depend on their status? Is it acceptable for companies to use surveillance to increase their profits? Explore these issues and find out about the latest techlogy, the media and crime prevention have introduced and the new levels of surveillance that raise questions about what privacy means. Case studies are used to illustrate the subject and fact panels, quotes and statistics allow an informed insight into the discussion and encourage lively debate. The Ethical Debates series confronts contentious issues affecting people in the 21st century.
- Author BiographyCath Senker is a children's non-fiction writer who specialises in writing about modern history, global issues and world religions. Her latest history titles include Living Through the Vietnam War (Raintree, 2011), Our World Divided: Israel and the Middle East (Wayland, 2011) and A Cultural History of Women in America: Women Claim the Vote (Bailey Publishing, 2011). She has a particular interest in the topics of migration, refugees and racism and recently wrote Mapping Global Issues: Immigrants and Refugees (Arcturus, 2011). In her work, Cath aims to highlight individuals' experiences and to present different viewpoints in a non-judgemental way as a basis for discussion. Cath also works as a project manager and editor on non-fiction titles for both children and adults. Before embarking on a freelance career, she worked as a commissioning editor for a children's educational publishing company for eight years. She is also an experienced ESOL teacher. Cath volunteers with City Reads, a project that aims to widen the enjoyment of books and reading among people of all ages, especially people from disadvantaged communities. She is a also a keen amateur cyclist, cook and gardener.
- Author(s)Cath Senker
- PublisherHachette Children's Group
- Date of Publication12/05/2016
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Series TitleEthical Debates
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note40-45 colour photographs
- Weight154 g
- Width172 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Educational LevelUK School Key Stage 3
- Interest AgeFrom 12
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
Save on Other Children & Young Adults
- AU $23.49Trending at AU $29.23
- AU $26.50Trending at AU $33.19
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $49.48
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $43.81
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.51
- AU $19.13Trending at AU $19.55
- AU $14.45Trending at AU $15.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.