Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThis book offers an interdisciplinary and comparative study of the complex interplay between private versus public forms of organization and governance in urban residential developments. Bringing together top experts from numerous disciplines, including law, ecomics, geography, political science, sociology, and planning, this book identifies the current trends in constructing the physical, ecomic, and social infrastructure of residential communities across the world. It challenges much of the conventional wisdom about the division of labor between market-driven private action and public policy in regulating residential developments and the urban space, and offers a new research agenda for dealing with the future of cities in the twenty-first century. It represents a unique ongoing academic dialogue between the members of an exceptional group of scholars, underscoring the essentially of an interdisciplinary and comparative approach to the study of private communities and urban governance. As such, the book will appeal to a broad audience consisting of policy-makers, practitioners, scholars, and students across the world, especially in developing countries and transitional and emerging ecomies.
- Author BiographyProf. Amnon Lehavi (Yale, J.S.D.) is the Atara Kaufman Professor of Real Estate at the Radzyner School of Law at the Interdisciplinary Centre in Herzliya, as well as IDC's Academic Director of the Gazit-Globe Real Estate Institute. He is a leading authority on property, real estate, land use controls, international economic law and law as it pertains to globalization.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication02/07/2016
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations, 10 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight573 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byAmnon Lehavi
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.