All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- Description'Private Gardens of the Hudson Valley' surveys the majestic landscape that borders the Hudson River, an area rich in history and unique garden designs. The scenery, which encompasses riverfront meadows, craggy hills, and long open valleys, is inherently dramatic. Twenty-six private gardens are presented here, chosen to establish a sense of place and to convey the romance of the landscape. John Hall's photographs give a privileged view of the life within, while Jane Garmey's warm and engaging narrative traces the development of the gardens and the great pleasure their owners take in nurturing them.
- Author BiographyJane Garmey is a noted garden writer and contributor to 1stdibs, World of Interiors, Elle Decor, and the New York Times. Born in England, she lives in New York and Norfolk, Connecticut. She and John M. Hall are the authors of Private Gardens of Connecticut (Monacelli 2010). John M. Hall is a well-known garden and interiors photographer based in New York. He has worked with many landscape architects and garden writers, including Page Dickey and Edwina von Gal, and with Richard Jenrette on Adventures with Old Houses.
- Author(s)Jane Garmey,John M. Hall
- PublisherMonacelli Press
- Date of Publication26/11/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMonacelli Press
- Out-of-print date23/11/2015
- Content Note225 Colour Photographs
- Weight1891 g
- Width254 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.