Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionCheck out www.privateerbook.com. Privateer! is the untold story of MAXIMUS, the largest social welfare privatization firm in America. Find out how a one-person startup evolved into a powerful New York Stock Exchange company that challenged government labor unions and forever changed the way entitlement programs are managed. The book is written for entrepreneurs building a business, politicians and and government officials seeking reform, citizens concerned with government entitlement programs, and academicians teaching business and public administration. The book presents lessons learned in the real world of government contracting, explaining how MAXIMUS survived intense competition, highly political environments, and hostile government unions to achieve success. MAXIMUS grew at the astonishing rate of 36.5% over a 29 year period, each year earning a profit and never going into debt. Learn how numerous stall points on the growth curve were overcome to achieve rapid growth. The company has managed health and welfare programs throughout the US as well as England, Canada, and Australia. MAXIMUS staff have replaced thousands of government workers to provide more efficient, effective and compassionate services to people in need. Today MAXIMUS is a mid cap stock with some 9,000 employees worldwide.
- Author(s)David V Mastran
- Date of Publication15/11/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight508 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.