All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionContracting out public sector services and divesting public enterprises are reforms that have enjoyed widespread global popularity in recent years. Better services, lower prices and greater accountability are the promises made by politicians, senior executives, and investment companies when functions are moved from the public sector to private enterprise. But in Privatization, Graeme A. Hodge challenges these assumptions. Through an examination of hundreds of international studies on the performance of privatization activities, Hodge demonstrates that privatizing public services is often t the guaranteed panacea portrayed by its political supporters. Importantly, privatization activities can lead to modest gains, but there are also winners and losers in this reform. It therefore deserves far more care and balanced debate than it usually attracts.
- Author BiographyGraeme Hodge is director (research) at the International Centre for Management in Government, Monash Mt. Eliza Business School, Monash University, Australia. He is the author of two previous books and many research papers in management, social and economic policy, and public administration. Widely acknowledged as a leading authority on privatization issues, he has been appointed adviser to Parliamentary Inquiries, and consults to federal, state, and local governments throughout Australia.
- Author(s)Graeme Hodge
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication10/12/1999
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationBoulder, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWestview Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight440 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
- AU $28.00Trending at AU $30.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.