All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionEighteen experts, including Albert Shanker, Ernest L. Boyer, Thomas Kean, and John Menge, examine the issues surrounding educational choice in public school systems and the voucher system for private schools. They discuss when choice should be considered, methods of implementation, and the extent to which government should be involved. Descriptions and evaluations of choice programs that have been implemented are presented. The book includes contributions from both supporters and opponents of choice presented within an academic framework to enhance examination, debate, and analysis. Since 37 states have adopted legislation that provides some kind of choice in the public education system, the issues involved will be important to school boards, educational administrators, public policy makers, parents, and taxpayers.
- Author BiographySIMON HAKIM is Professor of Economics at Temple University in Philadelphia. PAUL SEIDENSTAT is Associate Professor of Economics at Temple University in Philadelphia. GARY W. BOWMAN is Associate Professor of Economics at Temple University in Philadelphia. Together all three have edited two other books on privatization--Privatizing Correctional Institutions (1993) and Privatizing the United States Justice System (1992).
- Date of Publication07/11/1994
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight354 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGary W. Bowman,Paul Seidenstat,Simon Hakim,etc.
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.