Pro Android by Dave MacLean, Satya Komatineni, Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.83Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $20.93+ AU $25.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPro Android 3 starts with the basics, giving you a firm foundation in Android development. It then builds on this foundation to teach you how to build real-world and fun mobile applications using the new Android 3.0 SDK. This book covers advanced concepts in detail including maps, geocoding, services, live folders, drag and drop, touchscreens, and the new Android 3.0 features: fragments and ActionBar. Pro Android 3 is uniquely comprehensive: it covers sensors, text to speech, OpenGL, live widgets, search, and the audio and video APIs. Using the code-heavy tutorials and expert advice, you'll quickly be able to build cool mobile apps and run them on dozens of Android-based smartphones. You'll explore and use the Android APIs, including those for media, sensors, and long-running services. And you'll check out what's new with Android 3.0, including the improved UI across all Android platforms, drag and drop, fragment dialogs, and more, giving you the kwledge to create stunning, cutting-edge apps, while keeping you agile eugh to respond to changes in the future. What you'll learn * How to use Android to build Java-based mobile applications for Google phones with a touch screen or keyboard * How to design and implement irresistible user interfaces for touch screens with Views and layouts * How to populate your application with data from data sources, using Content Providers * How Android works on the inside, so you better understand how to design great mobile apps * How to create 3D graphics with OpenGL and custom components * How to build multimedia apps using Android's Media APIs * How to use Android's location-based services, network-based services, and security * How to use new Android 3.0 features, such as fragments and the ActionBar Who this book is for This book is for professional software engineers/programmers looking to move their ideas and applications into the mobile space with Android. It assumes a passable understanding of Java, including how to write classes and handle basic inheritance structures. Table of Contents * Introducing the Android Computing Platform * Setting up your Development Environment * Understanding Resources * Understanding Content Providers * Understanding Intents * Building User Interfaces and Using Controls * Adding Menus * Implementing Dialogs * Working with Preferences and Saving State * Security and Permissions * Working with Services * Exploring Packages, Processes, and Library Projects * Exploring Processes, Components, Threads, and Handlers * Exploring Broadcast Receivers and Long Running Services * Exploring the Alarm Manager * Unveiling 2D Animation * Exploring Maps and Location Services * Using the Telephony APIs * Understanding the Media Frameworks * Programming 3D Graphics with OpenGL * Exploring Live Folders * Home Screen Widgets and Live Wallpaper * Android Search * Exploring Text to Speech and the Google Translate API * Touchscreens * Using Sensors * Understanding the Contact API * Deploying your Application: Android Market and Beyond * Fragments * Action Bar * Selected Topics in Android 3.0
- Author BiographySayed Y. Hashimi is the author of Pro Android, as well as a consultant and trainer in Jacksonville, Florida. Sayed has worked for startups and Fortune 100 companies. He has developed large-scale distributed applications with a variety of programming languages and platforms, including C++, Java, and .NET. Sayed has published in major software journals on topics ranging from low-level programming techniques to high-level architecture concepts.
- Author(s)Dave MacLean,Satya Komatineni,Sayed Ibrahim Hashimi
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight2013 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine59 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.12New
- AU $30.22New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $30.69New
- AU $21.64New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.34
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $62.81
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.50
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.14
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.11
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.10
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.