Pro Business Applications with Silverlight 4 by Chris Anderson, C. Anderson (Paperback, 2010)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $56.08Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSilverlight 4 has the potential to revolutionize the way we build business applications. With its flexibility, web deployment, cross-platform capabilities, rich .NET language support on the client, rich user interface control set, small runtime, and more, it comes close to the perfect platform in which to build business applications. It's a very powerful techlogy, and despite its youth, it's moving forward at a rapid pace and is gaining widespread adoption. This book will guide you through the process of designing and developing enterprise-strength business applications in Silverlight 4 and C#. You will learn how to take advantage of the power of Silverlight to develop rich and robust business applications, from getting started to deployment, and everything in between. In particular, this book will serve developers who want to learn how to design business applications, and introduce the patterns to use, the issues that you'll face, and how to resolve them. Chris Anderson, who has been building line-of-business applications for years, demonstrates his experience through a candid presentation of how to tackle real-life issues, rather than just avoid them. Developers will benefit from his hard-won expertise through business application design patterns that he shares throughout the book. With this book in hand, you will * Create a fully functional business application in Silverlight * Discover how to satisfy all of the general requirements that most business applications need * Develop a business application framework What you'll learn * How to structure your project to ensure a robust and maintainable application * How to create user interfaces with XAML and bind controls to data * How to communicate securely between the server and the client * How to view and maintain data within a Silverlight user interface * How to design unique user experiences and use advanced styling techniques * How to implement standard business application paradigms in Silverlight Who this book is for This book is for developers experienced in other .NET techlogies, such as WinForms or ASP.NET, looking to translate their existing skills to developing business applications with Silverlight. Patterns and methodologies associated with building robust applications will be introduced and are t prerequisite kwledge. Table of Contents * Introduction * Getting Started with Silverlight * An Introduction to XAML * The Navigation Framework * Exposing Data from the Server: Using WCF RIA Services * Implementing Summary Lists * Building Data Entry Forms * Securing Your Application * Styling Your Application * Advanced XAML and Data Binding * Creating Custom Controls * The Model-View-ViewModel (MVVM) Design Pattern * Printing and Reporting * Out of Browser Mode, and Interacting with the Operating System * Application Deployment
- Author BiographyChris Anderson has been a professional developer for more than 10 years, specializing in building desktop, web, and mobile business applications using Microsoft technologies for industries as wide-ranging as accounting, property valuation, mining, the fresh produce industry, pet cremations, logistics, field services, sales, and construction. Now running his own business, he has turned to Silverlight as the ideal new technology for developing and deploying business applications. Chris currently resides in Sydney, Australia.
- Author(s)C. Anderson,Chris Anderson
- Date of Publication05/09/2010
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date11/10/2012
- Content Notebiography
- Weight835 g
- Width193 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine30 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.