Pro JavaFX 2 Platform: A Definitive Guide To Rich Clients With Java Technology by Weiqi Gao, Johan Vos, James Weaver, Stephen Chin, Dean Iverson (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $52.33+ AU $10.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $32.44+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionIn Pro JavaFX 2: A Definitive Guide to Rich Clients with Java Techlogy, Jim Weaver, Weiqi Gao, Stephen Chin, Dean Iverson, and Johan Vos show you how you can use the JavaFX platform to create rich-client Java applications. You'll see how JavaFX provides a powerful Java-based UI platform capable of handling large-scale data-driven business applications. Covering the JavaFX API, development tools, and best practices, this book provides code examples that explore the exciting new features provided with JavaFX 2. It contains engaging tutorials that cover virtually every facet of JavaFX development and reference materials on JavaFX that augment the JavaFX API documentation. Written in an engaging and friendly style, Pro JavaFX 2 is an essential guide to JavaFX 2. What you'll learn * How to get started with JavaFX 2, including downloading the SDK and available tools. * How to express user interfaces with a declarative-style enabled by the JavaFX builder classes. * How to use property binding to keep the UI easily in sync with the model. * How to use the rich set of JavaFX UI controls, charts, shapes, effects, transformations, and animations to create stunning, responsive, user interfaces. * How to use the powerful JavaFX layout classes to define the user interface in a cross-platform fashion. * How to leverage the observable collection classes to observe changes in, and bind to, Java collections. * How to use the JavaFX media classes to play audio and video. * How to interact with external application services to create an enterprise application with JavaFX. * How to use the JavaFX API with alternative languages such as Scala, Groovy, and Visage. * How to uncover the JavaFX APIs to whatever degree you choose. The tutorials, reference materials, and pointers to resources are exhaustive. Who this book is for Application developers, graphic designers, and IT decision makers. Not only does this book contain comprehensive technical information for developers and designers, it builds a compelling case for choosing JavaFX for web applications and RIAs. Table of Contents * Getting a Jump Start in JavaFX * Creating a User Interface in JavaFX * Properties and Bindings * Dynamically Laying Out Nodes in the User Interface * Using the JavaFX UI Controls * Collections and Concurrency * Creating Charts in JavaFX * Using the Media Classes * Accessing Web Services * JavaFX Languages and Markup * Appendix A: The Visage Language In-Depth
- Author BiographyJim Weaver is an author, speaker, teacher, and developer in rich Internet application technologies such as JavaFX, and may be contacted at email@example.com.
- Author(s)Dean Iverson,James Weaver,Johan Vos,Stephen Chin,Weiqi Gao
- Date of Publication19/03/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight1088 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.