Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $72.82Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $16.46+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSilverlight 5 is the latest iteration of Microsoft's cross-browser techlogy for creating rich user experiences on the Web. Like its predecessor, it rides atop the .NET Framework for maximum ease of use and coding efficiency. The new techlogy carries forward much of the work that has been done before and augments it in many important respects, including support for H.264 video, major improvements to the graphics engine (including true 3D rendering), and much richer data-binding options for interfacing with other applications. Pro Silverlight 5 in C# is an invaluable reference for professional developers who want to discover the new features of Silverlight. Author Matthew MacDonald's expert advice guides you through creating rich media applications using Silverlight in the environment you're most productive in-- matter what the target platform. As you learn about the features that put Silverlight in direct competition with Adobe Flash, such as rich support for 2D and 3D drawing, animations, and media playback, you'll experience the plumbing of .NET and the design model of WPF through Silverlight--all of the same .N ET techlogy that developers use to design next-generation Windows applications. Pro Silverlight 5 in C# is a comprehensive tutorial, written from professional developer to professional developer. Please te: the print version of this title is black & white; the eBook is full color. What you'll learn * To develop rich media applications using Silverlight across browsers and platforms * To create a project, set up a layout, and use controls * To handle both 2D and 3D drawing, animation, and media playback through Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) * To integrate web services support * To use Silverlight in conjunction with ASP.NET and its interactions with HTML Who this book is for This book is for .NET developers encountering Silverlight for the first time. No prior kwledge of WPF or ASP.NET is assumed. Table of Contents * Introducing Silverlight * XAML * Layout * Dependency Properties and Routed Events * Elements * The Application Model * Navigation * Shapes and Geometries * Brushes and Transforms * Animation * Sound, Video, and Deep Zoom * Styles and Behaviors * Templates and Custom Controls * Browser Integration * ASP.N ET and Web Services * Data Binding * Data Controls * File Access * Multithreading * Networking * Out-of-Browser Applications
- Author BiographyMatthew MacDonald is an author,educator, and MCSD developer who has a passion for emerging technologies. He isthe author of more than a dozen books about .NET programming. In a dimly-remembered past life, he studied English literature and theoretical physics.
- Author(s)Matthew MacDonald
- Date of Publication06/02/2012
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1658 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine49 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement4th New edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.