All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe SpringSource dm Server(TM) is a completely modular, OSGi-based Java server designed to run enterprise Java applications and Spring-powered applications with a new degree of flexibility and reliability. The SpringSource dm Server is based on the SpringSource Dynamic Module Kernel(TM) (dm Kernel). The dm Kernel provides a module-based backbone for the server, which also harnesses the power of Spring, Apache Tomcat, and OSGi-based techlogies. Pro SpringSource dm Server(TM) is the first book available for learning how to develop and deploy modular applications to run on the SpringSource dm Server 2.0 deployment platform. * This book covers everything you need, from basic OSGi concepts to developing and deploying OSGi-based applications on the SpringSource dm Server. * This book demonstrates how to migrate an existing web application from a standard WAR to a shared libraries WAR, a shared services WAR, and finally a web module. * The topics in this book are introduced by complete and real-world examples that you can follow step by step. Instead of abstract descriptions on complex concepts, you will find live examples in this book.
- Author BiographyGary Mak, founder and chief consultant of Meta-Archit Software Technology Limited, has been a technical architect and application developer on the enterprise Java platform for more than seven years. He is the author of the Apress books Spring Recipes: A Problem-Solution Approach and Pro SpringSource dm Server. In his career, Gary has developed a number of Java-based software projects, most of which are application frameworks, system infrastructures, and software tools. He enjoys designing and implementing the complex parts of software projects. Gary has a master's degree in computer science. His research interests include object-oriented technology, aspect-oriented technology, design patterns, software reuse, and domain-driven development. Gary specializes in building enterprise applications on technologies including Spring, Hibernate, JPA, JSF, Portlet, AJAX, and OSGi. He has been using the Spring Framework in his projects since Spring version 1.0. Gary has been an instructor of courses on enterprise Java, Spring, Hibernate, Web Services, and agile development. He has written a series of Spring and Hibernate tutorials as course materials, parts of which are open to the public, and they're gaining popularity in the Java community. In his spare time, he enjoys playing tennis and watching tennis competitions.
- Author(s)Daniel Rubio,Gary Mak
- Date of Publication31/01/2009
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationBerkley
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Notebiography
- Weight726 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.27Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.