All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBy looking at the link between trade liberalization and pro-poor growth in Nepal, this book explores how a developing and transition ecomy can attain higher and pro-poor growth along with the ongoing trend of globalization. The author develops a social accounting database for Nepal and applies it to quantify computable general equilibrium (CGE) model to investigate the trade-offs between growth and distribution that are associated with opening up the ecomy and deregulating it. The book presents a number of pragmatic scenarios that bring about the desired pro-poor growth effects in order to demonstrate possible outcomes for policy making. The research findings apply to other ecomies with similar macroecomic structure to Nepal; those small ecomies with a dominant, traditional, and stagnant agriculture; fragile industrial base, weak and volatile external sector, and almost half of the population living below the poverty line. This book will be of considerable interest to students and scholars in the areas of development ecomics, political ecomy of policy reforms, and trade and poverty with special emphasis on South Asia.
- Author BiographySanjaya Acharya is a Senior Researcher for New ERA, a non-profit research organization in Nepal. His research interests include growth and distribution in developing economies.
- Author(s)Sanjaya Acharya
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/08/2011
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Series TitleRoutledge Studies in the Growth Economies of Asia
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note77 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.07Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $30.67Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.