All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProbabilistic Analysis of Algorithms begins with a presentation of the tools of the trade currently used in probabilistic analyses, and continues with an applications section in which these tools are used in the analysis ofr selected algorithms. The tools section of the book provides the reader with an arsenal of analytic and numeric computing methods which are then applied to several groups of algorithms to analyze their running time or storage requirements characteristics. Topics covered in the applications section include sorting, communications network protocols and bin packing. While the discussion of the various algorithms is sufficient to motivate their structure, the emphasis throughout is on the probabilistic estimation of their operation under distributional assumptions on their input. Probabilistic Analysis of Algorithms assumes a working kwledge of engineering mathematics, drawing on real and complex analysis, combinatorics and probability theory. While the book is intended primarily as a text for the upper undergraduate and graduate student levels, it contains a wealth of material and should also prove an important reference for researchers. As such it is addressed to computer scientists, mathematicians, operations researchers, and electrical and industrial engineers who are interested in evaluating the probable operation of algorithms, rather than their worst-case behavior.
- Author(s)Micha Hofri
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/10/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Series TitleMonographs in Computer Science
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight399 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1987
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.