All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis expository book presents the mathematical description of evolutionary models of populations subject to interactions (e.g. competition) within the population. The author includes both models of finite populations, and limiting models as the size of the population tends to infinity. The size of the population is described as a random function of time and of the initial population (the ancestors at time 0). The genealogical tree of such a population is given. Most models imply that the population is bound to go extinct in finite time. It is explained when the interaction is strong eugh so that the extinction time remains finite, when the ancestral population at time 0 goes to infinity. The material could be used for teaching stochastic processes, together with their applications. Etienne Pardoux is Professor at Aix-Marseille University, working in the field of Stochastic Analysis, stochastic partial differential equations, and probabilistic models in evolutionary biology and population genetics. He obtained his PhD in 1975 at University of Paris-Sud.
- Author BiographyEtienne Pardoux is Professor at Aix-Marseille University, working in the field of Stochastic Analysis, in particular Stochastic partial differential equations. He obtained his PhD in 1975 at University of Paris-Sud.
- Author(s)Etienne Pardoux
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication18/06/2016
- Series TitleMathematical Biosciences Institute Lecture Series
- Series Part/Volume Number1.6
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 2 colour illustrations, 4 colour tables, biography
- Weight263 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2016
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.