All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourth edition of Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic Processes has been updated significantly from the previous edition, and it w includes co-author S. Unnikrishna Pillai of Polytechnic University. The book is intended for a senior/graduate level course in probability and is aimed at students in electrical engineering, math, and physics departments. The authors' approach is to develop the subject of probability theory and stochastic processes as a deductive discipline and to illustrate the theory with basic applications of engineering interest. Approximately 1/3 of the text is new material - this material maintains the style and spirit of previous editions. In order to bridge the gap between concepts and applications, a number of additional examples have been added for further clarity, as well as several new topics.
- Author BiographyS. Unnikrishna Pillai is a Professor of Electrical and Computer Engineering at Polytechnic Institute of NYU in Brooklyn, New York. His research interests include radar signal processing, blind identification, spectrum estimation, data recovery and wavform diversity. Dr. Pillai is the author of Array Signal Processign and co-author of Spectrum Estimation and system Identification, Prof. Papoulis' Probability, Random Variables and Stochastic processes (Fourth edition), and Space Based Radar - Theory & Applications.
- Author(s)Athanasios Papoulis,S. Unnikrishna Pillai
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2002
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Width186 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement4th International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.