All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis classic introduction to probability theory for beginning graduate students covers laws of large numbers, central limit theorems, random walks, martingales, Markov chains, ergodic theorems, and Brownian motion. It is a comprehensive treatment concentrating on the results that are the most useful for applications. Its philosophy is that the best way to learn probability is to see it in action, so there are 200 examples and 450 problems. The fourth edition begins with a short chapter on measure theory to orient readers new to the subject.
- Author BiographyRick Durrett received his PhD in Operations Research from Stanford University in 1976. After nine years at UCLA and twenty-five at Cornell University, he moved to Duke University in 2010, where he is a Professor of Mathematics. He is the author of eight books and more than 170 journal articles on a wide variety of topics, and he has supervised more than 40 PhD students. He is a member of the National Academy of Science and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a Fellow of the Institute of Mathematical Statistics.
- Author(s)Rick Durrett
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/08/2010
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCambridge Series in Statistical and Probabilistic Mathematics
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note23 b/w illus. 532 exercises
- Weight980 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.