All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $71.21Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
About this product
- DescriptionThis book contains selected and refereed contributions to the Inter- national Symposium on Probability and Bayesian Statistics which was orga- nized to celebrate the 80th birthday of Professor Bru de Finetti at his birthplace Innsbruck in Austria. Since Professor de Finetti died in 1985 the symposium was dedicated to the memory of Bru de Finetti and took place at Igls near Innsbruck from 23 to 26 September 1986. Some of the pa- pers are published especially by the relationship to Bru de Finetti's scientific work. The evolution of stochastics shows growing importance of probability as coherent assessment of numerical values as degrees of believe in certain events. This is the basis for Bayesian inference in the sense of modern statistics. The contributions in this volume cover a broad spectrum ranging from foundations of probability across psychological aspects of formulating sub- jective probability statements, abstract measure theoretical considerations, contributions to theoretical statistics and stochastic processes, to real applications in ecomics, reliability and hydrology. Also the question is raised if it is necessary to develop new techniques to model and analyze fuzzy observations in samples. The articles are arranged in alphabetical order according to the family name of the first author of each paper to avoid a hierarchical ordering of importance of the different topics. Readers interested in special topics can use the index at the end of the book as guide.
- Author(s)Reinhard Viertl
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight986 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.