All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionProbability and Statistics are as much about intuition and problem solving as they are about theorem proving. Because of this, students can find it very difficult to make a successful transition from lectures to examinations to practice, since the problems involved can vary so much in nature. Since the subject is critical in many modern applications such as mathematical finance, quantitative management, telecommunications, signal processing, bioinformatics, as well as traditional ones such as insurance, social science andengineering, the authors have rectified deficiencies in traditional lecture-based methods by collecting together a wealth of exercises with complete solutions, adapted to needs and skills of students. Following on from the success of Probability and Statistics by Example: Basic Probability and Statistics, the authors here concentrate on random processes, particularly Markov processes, emphasising modelsrather than general constructions. Basic mathematical facts are supplied as and when they are needed andhistorical information is sprinkled throughout.
- Author BiographyYuri Suhov is a Professor of Applied Probability in the Department of Pure Mathematics and Mathematical Statistics at the University of Cambridge. Mark Kelbert is a Reader in Statistics in the Department of Mathematics at Swansea University. For many years he has also been associated with the Moscow Institute of Information Transmission Problems and the International Institute of Earthquake Prediction Theory and Mathematical Geophysics (Moscow).
- Author(s)Mark Kelbert,Yuri Suhov
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/04/2008
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note151 b/w illus.
- Weight990 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.