All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis text introduces engineering students to probability theory and stochastic processes. Along with thorough mathematical development of the subject, the book presents intuitive explanations of key points in order to give students the insights they need to apply math to practical engineering problems. The first seven chapters contain the core material that is essential to any introductory course. In one-semester undergraduate courses, instructors can select material from the remaining chapters to meet their individual goals. Graduate courses can cover all chapters in one semester.
- Author BiographyRoy Yates received the B.S.E. degree in 1983 from Princeton and the S.M. and Ph.D. degrees in 1986 and 1990 from MIT, all in Electrical Engineering. Since 1990, he has been with the Wireless Information Networks Laboratory (WINLAB) and the ECE department at Rutgers University. Presently, he is an Associate Director of WINLAB and a Professor in the ECE Dept. He is a co-author (with David Goodman) of the text Probability and Stochastic Processes: A Friendly Introduction for Electrical and Computer Engineers published by John Wiley and Sons. He is a co-recipient (with Christopher Rose and Sennur Ulukus) of the 2003 IEEE Marconi Prize Paper Award in Wireless Communications. His research interests include power control, interference suppression and spectrum regulation for wireless systems.
- Author(s)Roy D. Yates
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication03/01/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notefigures
- Weight666 g
- Width150 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.