All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover the pros of probiotics Probiotics are beneficial, live microorganisms (in most cases, bacteria) that are similar to those found naturally in the human intestine. Also kwn as friendly or good bacteria, probiotics are the cornerstone of any successful health program because they restore a healthy balance between friendly and bad bacteria in the intestinal tract, a balance that is critical for the health of the entire body. Probiotics are associated with treating everything from IBS to certain forms of cancer, allergies, eczema, and even the effects of aging. Probiotics For Dummies reveals how taking the right probiotics in the form of food and supplements as part of a total health program benefits one's overall health, as well as improving specific conditions. This hands-on, essential guide features 20 probiotic recipes and gives you a step-by-step plan for infusing probiotics into your diet to improve the health of the GI tract, alleviate allergies and asthma, restore reproductive and urinary tracts, bolster the immune system against disease, enhance weight loss, and more. * Advice on how to ingest the right probiotics *20 probiotic recipes from breakfast to dessert * Information on naturally occurring probiotic compounds as well as the effectiveness of supplements Probiotics For Dummies gives you everything you need to make informed decisions about adding probiotics to your daily diet.
- Author BiographyDr. Shekhar K. Challa is president of Kansas Medical Clinic. Board Certified in Gastroenterology, he is an award-winning author and co-creator of the first probiotic video game (MicrowarriorsVideoGame.com). Find out more about Dr. Challa at DrChalla.com.
- Author(s)Shekhar K. Challa
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/04/2012
- SubjectFitness & Diet
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight236 g
- Width141 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Foreword byEamonn M. M. Quigley
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.