All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a complete guide to supporting problem solving, reasoning and numeracy in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), promoting a holistic approach and exploring good practice. Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy introduces this area of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) to trainee and qualified early years professionals. This area of learning and development, problem solving, reasoning and numeracy, is introduced within the context of the development of children aged between 0-5 years in the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS). A balanced approach to the Early Learning Goals is encouraged ensuring that key principles of good early years practice are maintained and developed, and the holistic development of the child is promoted. This user-friendly guide will support early years professionals to: reflect on current practice and develop skills; evaluate the implications of research for early years practice and provision; promote interdisciplinary teamwork between those who work with and support young children; meet the diverse needs of children at different developmental stages and ages; and support children as they move within and beyond the EYFS. This series introduces each of the six areas of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS): Personal, Social and Emotional Development; Language, Literacy and Communication; Problem Solving, Reasoning and Numeracy; Kwledge and Understanding of the World; Creative Development; and Physical Development. Each book delivers accessible yet rigorous support for practitioners, whether training or qualified, in developing their professional understanding and practice in each of these Early Learning Goals. Whilst considering each area in turn, the aim throughout the series is to promote the holistic development of the child. Each volume includes: an introduction to the key area; consideration of the development of children in the key area from birth to 3 years; 3 to 5 years; and into 5 to 7 years; consideration of the holistic development of the child and the impact of that development on the key area being discussed; research evidence to support practice; practical examples of good practice; discussions on leadership in the key area; and support in the development of pedagogical skills and reflective professional practice. In line with the aims of the EYFS, this series will help you in meeting the challenges that come with supporting the different needs of children, working in multi-professional partnerships, balancing the different areas of development, and supporting transitions within and beyond the EYFS.
- Author BiographyPat Beckley is the Academic Co-ordinator of the PGCE Primary 3-7 course at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. She is an executive member of the National Association TACTYC. Ashley Compton is Senior Lecturer in Primary Education at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. Jane Johnston is a Reader in Education and Programme Leader for the BA (Hons) Early Childhood Studies at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK. Harriet Marland is Head of Department of Professional Development in Education at Bishop Grosseteste University College Lincoln, UK.
- Author(s)Ashley Compton,Harriet Marland,Jane Johnston,Pat Beckley
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSupporting Development in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width169 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.66Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.