All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProblem-Solving and Selected Topics in Euclidean Geometry: in the Spirit of the Mathematical Olympiads contains theorems which are of particular value for the solution of geometrical problems. Emphasis is given in the discussion of a variety of methods, which play a significant role for the solution of problems in Euclidean Geometry. Before the complete solution of every problem, a key idea is presented so that the reader will be able to provide the solution. Applications of the basic geometrical methods which include analysis, synthesis, construction and proof are given. Selected problems which have been given in mathematical olympiads or proposed in short lists in IMO's are discussed. In addition, a number of problems proposed by leading mathematicians in the subject are included here. The book also contains new problems with their solutions. The scope of the publication of the present book is to teach mathematical thinking through Geometry and to provide inspiration for both students and teachers to formulate positive conjectures and provide solutions.
- Author BiographyMichael Th. Rassias is a brilliant young mathematician and son of a highly regarded author and acclaimed mathematician, Themistocles Rassias. He has received several awards in competitive mathematical problem solving. He received first prize in the Jozef Wildt International Mathematics Competition for three consecutive years in 2004, 2005 and 2006. He was also the silver medalist at the 44th International Mathematics Olympiad of 2003 held in Tokyo, Japan. Rassias's last book with Springer is entitled Problem-Solving and Selected Topics in Number Theory and was published Nov. 23, 2010. S.E. Louridas does not hold a present affiliation but has written 6 olympiad related books and has trained young people in math olympiads for several years in Greece.
- Author(s)Michael Th. Rassias,Sotirios E. Louridas
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2013
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight537 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
The 8-Week Blood Sugar Diet: Lose Weight Fast and Reprogramme Your Body for Life by Michael Mosley (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $18.62New
- AU $7.82Used
- AU $21.30New
- AU $24.96New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.92New
- AU $11.61Used
- AU $32.17New
- AU $20.04New
- AU $20.03New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $29.75Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $43.83
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.54
- AU $19.74Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $58.23Trending at AU $62.59
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.53
- AU $35.08Trending at AU $38.54
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.