All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides insight into the instances in which wildlife species can create problems. Some species trigger problems for human activities, but many others need humans to save them and to continue to exist. The text addresses issues faced by ecomists and politicians dealing with laws involving actions undertaken to resolve the problems of the interaction between humans and wildlife. Here, the words 'problematic species' are used in their broadest sense, as may be appreciated in the short introductions to the various sections. At times, the authors discuss special cases while always extending the discussion into a more general and broad vision. At others, they present real cutting-edge analysis of ecological topics and issues. The book will be of interest to biologists, ecologists and wildlife managers involved in research on wildlife, parks, and environmental management, as well as to government departments and agencies, NGOs and conservation wildlife organizations. Even those in contact with nature, such as hunters, herders, and farmers, will be able to find a great deal of important information. Specific case studies are selected from among the most significant and prevalent cases throughout the world. A total of 26 papers have been selected for this book, written by zoologists, biologists and ecologists. Many have an interdisciplinary approach, with contributions by ecomists, crimilogists, technical specialists, and engineers.
- Author BiographyFrancesco M. Angelici, PhD, currently works in the areas of: Biology, behavioral ecology, fauna, zoogeography, and mammal systematic and conservation studies, particularly concerning carnivores, lagomorphs and ungulates. His other fields of research are: ornithology (the biology and ecology of Falconiformes, Passeriformes and Strigiformes) and herpetology (the ecology of snakes and their trophic relationship with mammals). He studies Italian and tropical fauna, with particular reference to the conservation of vertebrates. He also works in the areas of planning and environmental conservation. In particular, he has worked in the area of wildlife management at national parks, reserves and other protected areas in Italy and abroad. He currently works as a zoologist conservationist, with hunting management agencies. He is also a specialist in African savannah environments as well as desert and tropical rain forests.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication18/12/2015
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note26 black & white illustrations, 76 colour illustrations, 10 black & white tables, 53 colour tables, biography
- Weight1099 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edited byFrancesco M. Angelici
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $19.57Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.