All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMuch of the primary research summarized here relates to Cambridge Genizah manuscripts, a thousand-year-old source that testifies to liturgical (as well, of course, as n-liturgical) developments that greatly predate other source material. When the research is concerned with pre-Genizah history, the Genizah evidence is also relevant since the historian of religious ideas must ultimately decide how to date, characterize, and conceptualize its contents and how to explain where they vary significantly from what became, or is regarded (rightly or wrongly) as having become, the standard rabbinic liturgy sanctioned by the Iraqi Jewish authorities from the ninth to the eleventh century.
- Author BiographyStefan C. Reif, St John's College, University of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
- Author(s)Stefan C. Reif
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication16/11/2006
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleStudia Judaica
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 37
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintWalter de Gruyter & Co
- Content Note4 black & white illustrations, 4 schw.-w. Abb., 4 Taf.
- Weight726 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.13Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.