All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIs the procedural automy of EU Member State a myth or a reality? What should this concept be taken to mean? Starting from the analysis of requirements and principles regulating, generally speaking, the relationships between Member States' and EU law, this book provides a definition of procedural automy able to account for the concept's inherent limits. Out of an analysis of the more relevant EU jurisprudence, the author identifies the rationale underlying the interventions of the ECJ on issues of procedural automy and the common logic that emerges from it; and reveals how, in an unchanged context of 'procedural automy' of the Member States, national procedural law becomes more and more 'functionalized' to the requirements of effectiveness of substantive EU law. As such, we should speak of a 'functionalized procedural competence' rather than of procedural automy. But this is by means a case of Paradise Lost. The book includes a foreword by Prof. Jurgen Schwarze, one of the founding fathers of European Administrative Law.
- Author BiographyDiana-Urania Galetta is a Full Professor of Administrative Law and European Administrative Law at the University of Milan (Italy). She studied Law and Political Science at the Universities of Milan (Italy) and Osnabruck (Germany). She speaks fluently and publishes in Italian, German, French and English. She has published books and papers on central topics of national, comparative and European Administrative Law (See her personal homepage: http://www.giuripol.unimi.it/persone/galetta.htm).
- Author(s)Diana-Urania Galetta
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication14/10/2014
- LanguageEnglish & Italian
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Notebiography
- Weight260 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.27New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.42
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.17
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.