All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPROCEDURES AND THEORY FOR ADMINISTRATIVE PROFESSIONALS, 7TH EDITION prepares students seeking entry-level assistant positions or who are transitioning to a job with greater responsibility. Instruction and activities target new techlogy and build communication and human relation skills. Emphasis on critical thinking, creative problem solving, and professional development prepare students for challenges they will face in today's global market place. The seventh edition has been reorganized to offer more thorough coverage of key topics ranging from new techlogies, the changing workplace, leadership, and personal finance. This text is packed with professional pointers, techlogy, and practical activities that prepare students for success in today's global workplace.
- Author BiographyKellie A. Shumack is an associate professor of instructional technology and a department head in the College of Education at Auburn Montgomery. She has worked as an administrative assistant and has taught at the secondary, community college, and university levels. Kellie has designed numerous college courses in both the online and face-to-face environments. She has authored multiple peer-reviewed journal articles, two textbooks, and several book chapters, and she has presented at over 40 professional conferences. Kellie was awarded the 2012 Auburn Montgomery College of Education Excellence in Teaching Award, received the 2010 Delta Pi Epsilon Outstanding Doctoral Research Award, and maintains a certificate to teach online courses at the postsecondary level. Dr. Patsy J. Fulton-Calkins' experience in the field is extensive. Her past experience in the workplace includes working as an administrative professional for large corporations for six years. Early in her career, she completed the CPS certification. Her teaching experience includes over 13 years at the university, community college, and high school levels. In addition to her teaching experience, she has worked as an administrator in the following positions: * Chancellor of Oakland Community College (the chief executive officer), Oakland County, Michigan * President of Brookhaven College, Dallas, Texas * Vice-President of Instruction at El Centro College and Cedar Valley College, Dallas, Texas * Division Chairperson of Business and Social Science, Cedar Valley College, Dallas, Texas Her present position includes working with Tom Monaghan Associates, Inc. as a senior consultant in institutional advancement work with clients across the United States. Additionally, she is an adjunct professor at the university level. Her educational credentials include a B.B.A., an M.B.Ed., and a Ph.D. Honors include Outstanding Alumnus, University of North Texas; Transformational Leader in Community Colleges; Who's Who in America, Outstanding Woman in Management; Paul Harris Fellow of Rotary International; Beta Gamma Sigma, National Honorary Business Fraternity; and Piper Professor. Karin Stulz has extensive experience in the administrative professional field. Her career at Northern Michigan University began with a variety of full-time administrative professional positions. Karin is now the Assistant Professor-Office Information Systems at Northern Michigan University.
- Author(s)Karin Stulz,Kellie Ann Shumack,Patsy Fulton-Calkins
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/01/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content Notecolour illustrations, figures
- Weight1179 g
- Width210 mm
- Height260 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edition Statement7th International edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.39Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.