Proceedings of the 2007 National Conference on Environmental Science and Technology by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $217.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $163.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe purpose of the Third National Conference on Environmental Science and Techlogy, which was held in Greensboro, North Carolina on September 12-14, 2007 was to address pollution prevention, solutions, and research needs and foster relationships that could result in partnerships needed to protect and sustain the - vironment and improve the quality of life. The following topics are included in this book: Pollution Prevention, Fate and Transport of Contaminants, Bioremediation, Bio-processing, Invative Environmental Techlogies, Global Climate Change, and Environmental Justice and Ethics. Several discussions about Global Climate Change, Pollution Prevention, En- ronmental Justice and Ethics among Godfrey A. Uzochukwu (Waste Management Institute, North Carolina A & T State University), Sherry Southern and Jeffrey Al- son (DOE-Savannah River Site), Thomas Parker (CDM), Glennis Nelson (CDM), Jason Callaway (Allied Waste), Steve Roland (O'Brien & Gere), Marv Richa- son (O'Brien & Gere) and Rick Crume (US Environmental Protection Agency) set the stage for the Third National Conference on Environmental Science and Techlogy. The following persons served on the Executive Conference Comm- tee: G. B. Reddy (Professor of Environmental Microbiology), Shoou-Yuh Chang (Professor of Environmental Engineering), Vinayak Kabadi (Professor of Che- cal Engineering), Keith Schimmel (Associate Professor of Chemical Engineering), Emmanuel Nzewi (Professor and Director of Civil and Environmental Engine- ing), Stephanie Luster-Teasley (Assistant Professor of Environmental Engineering) and Godfrey A. Uzochukwu (Professor and Director, Waste Management Ins- tute). These individuals approved the conference theme - Environmental Science and Techlogy.
- Author BiographyGodfrey A. Uzochukwu teaches interdisciplinary courses in environmental sciences. Research areas include: soil and mineral properties for better land use, uses of natural resources data, assessment and evaluation of environmental technologies, interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary environmental processes and ecology. Keith Schimmel's research interests include bioremediation, membrane separations and membrane reactors, nondispersive extraction, bioseparations, engineering education, and multimedia courseware development. Shoou-Yuh Chang teaches graduate courses and conducts research in environmental engineering (solid waste management), including fate and transport of contaminants. Vinayak Kabadi conducts research on simulation studies and pollution particle dynamics. Stephanie Luster-Teasley's work includes water and wastewater treatment, physical and chemical remediation of soil and groundwater, and air pollution. Her research specialty is remediation of water/wastewater and soil through advanced oxidation processes using ozone, UV/H2O and Fenton's Reagent. Her research typically focuses on treatment processes, reaction kinetics, byproduct formation, and toxicology. Gudigopuram Reddy's research interests include bioremediation and pollution prevention. Emmanuel Nzewi's research areas are water resources systems analysis; urban hydraulics; hydrology and expert systems, particularly hydropower production and real-time reservoir operations optimization; gravity sewer network analysis and design; hydrological analysis of urban watersheds; remote sensing and geographic information systems (GIS) for urban systems and natural resources systems modeling; puckering of ringed molecules and probabilistic optimization; and analysis of pipe breakage in water distribution systems.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- SubjectEnvironment & Planning
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1620 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byEmmanuel U. Nzewi,Godfrey Uzochukwu,Gudigopuram Reddy,Keith Schimmel,Shoou-Yuh Chang,Stephanie Luster-Teasley,Vinayak Kabadi
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $87.24New
- AU $41.13Used
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.36New
- AU $112.89New
- AU $97.70Used
- AU $33.23New
- AU $30.36New
- AU $20.41New
- AU $33.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.02Trending at AU $37.97
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $43.36
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.00Trending at AU $63.02
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.68
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.