All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a unifying foundation to design and implement process aware information systems. This publication takes on the formidable task of establishing a unifying foundation and set of common underlying principles to effectively model, design, and implement process aware information systems. Authored by leading authorities and pioneers in the field, Process Aware Information Systems helps readers gain a thorough understanding of major concepts, languages, and techniques for building process aware applications, including: UML and EPCs: two of the most widely used tations for business process modeling; concrete techniques for process design and analysis; process execution standards: WfMC and BPEL; and representative commercial tools: ARIS, TIBCO Staffware, and FLOWer. Each chapter begins with a description of the problem domain and then progressively unveils relevant concepts and techniques. Examples and illustrations are used extensively to clarify and simplify complex material. Each chapter ends with a set of exercises, ranging from simple questions to thought provoking assignments. Sample solutions for many of the exercises are available on the companion Web site. Armed with a new and deeper understanding, readers are better positioned to make their own contributions to the field and evaluate various approaches to a particular task or problem. This publication is recommended as a textbook for graduate and advanced undergraduate students in computer science and information systems, as well as for professionals involved in workflow and business process management, groupware and teamwork, enterprise application integration, and business to business integration. A Solution's Manual is available online. An Instructor Support FTP site is also available.
- Author BiographyMARLON DUMAS, PhD, is a Senior Lecturer at Queensland University of Technology. Dr. Dumas has published extensively in international journals and conferences in the areas of business process management and service-oriented computing, and is the recipient of a Smart State Fellowship from the Queensland Government. WIL M. P. van der AALST, PhD, is Professor at Eindhoven University of Technology and Adjunct Professor at Queensland University of Technology. He is coauthor of the textbook Workflow Management: Models, Methods, and Systems, and editor of several other books in the areas of business process management and Petri nets. ARTHUR H. M. ter HOFSTEDE, PhD, is Associate Professor at Queensland University of Technology. He, along with Professor van der Aalst, is codesigner of the YAWL workflow language and open-source system, coauthor of the Workflow Patterns Web site, and cofounder of the International Conference on Business Process Management.
- Author(s)Arthur H. M. ter Hofstede,Marlon Dumas,Wil M.Van Der Aalst
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication21/10/2005
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight702 g
- Width162 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine24 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $91.10
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $24.79Trending at AU $28.00
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $36.18
- AU $36.69Trending at AU $37.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.