Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe successful implementation of greener chemical processes relies t only on the development of more efficient catalysts for synthetic chemistry but also, and as importantly, on the development of reactor and separation techlogies which can deliver enhanced processing performance in a safe, cost-effective and energy efficient manner. Process intensification has emerged as a promising field which can effectively tackle the challenges of significant process enhancement, whilst also offering the potential to diminish the environmental impact presented by the chemical industry. Following an introduction to process intensification and the principles of green chemistry, this book presents a number of intensified techlogies which have been researched and developed, including case studies to illustrate their application to green chemical processes. Topics covered include: Intensified reactor techlogies: spinning disc reactors, microreactors, molith reactors, oscillatory flow reactors, cavitational reactors Combined reactor/separator systems: membrane reactors, reactive distillation, reactive extraction, reactive absorption Membrane separations for green chemistry Industry relevance of process intensification, including ecomics and environmental impact, opportunities for energy saving, and practical considerations for industrial implementation. Process Intensification for Green Chemistry is a valuable resource for practising engineers and chemists alike who are interested in applying intensified reactor and/or separator systems in a range of industries to achieve green chemistry principles.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight904 g
- Width172 mm
- Height250 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Edited byAdam Harvey,Kamelia Boodhoo
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.