All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.66
About this product
- DescriptionA Straightforward Text Summarizing All Aspects of Process Control Textile manufacturing is one of the largest industries in the world, second only to agriculture. Spinning covers a prominent segment in textile manufacturing, and this budding industry continues to thrive and grow. Process Management in Spinning considers aspect of process management, and offers insight into the process control procedures and methods of spinning. Focusing on the techlogy as well as the management of the process, it examines both the ecomic and techlogical advancements currently taking place in the spinning industry. This text takes a close look at the advancing techlogy in manufacturing and process, and product quality control. It provides a basic overview of the subject, and also presents applications of this techlogy for practicing engineers. Incorporates Industry-Based, Real-World Examples The book contains 15 chapters that specifically address the stages of process control, energy management methods, humidification and ventilation systems basics, pollution management, process management tools, productivity, waste control, material handling, and other aspects of spinning mills. It also includes real-time case studies involving typical problems that arise in spinning processes and strategies used to contain them. The author provides a broad outlook on various topics including mixing, winding, raw material and optimizing raw material properties, bale management, yarn engineering systems, processing, and process management systems. He also details the defects associated with each and every process with causes, effects, and control measures. The book addresses process management as it relates to productivity, quality, and costs, as well as process control as it relates to man, machine, and material. * Provides the scientific method for optimization/optimizing the properties of the fibers * Familiarizes the reader with remedial measures to enhance the quality of the product * Addresses productivity measurement and its role in controlling the cost of the manufacturing process * Contains detailed examples, as well as linear programming and optimization techniques, and statistical applications * Covers the areas of process control methods in spinning, defect analysis and rectification, improving productivity and quality, and using statistical tools Process Management in Spinning establishes the various process management measures required to help improve the process efficiency in spinning mills and the textile industry overall. Aimed at professionals in the textile industry, this text is a perfect resource for textile engineers/techlogists/manufacturers, spin quality control engineers, spin quality assurance personnel, and other industry professionals.
- Author BiographyR. Senthil Kumar completed his post-graduation in textile engineering from the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi, India. He has been an assistant professor in the Department of Textile Technology, Kumaraguru College of Technology, India, since 2009. Kumar has published more than 30 technical and management-related review papers in various international and national journals and has prepared manuals on non-woven technologies for international and local textile industries. He has published nearly 200 technical and management-related textile study materials on the online portal (www.scribd.com/sen29iit), and has also authored Textiles for Industrial Applications, which was published by CRC Press in August 2013.
- Author(s)R. Senthil Kumar
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note182 black & white illustrations, 169 black & white tables
- Weight884 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.