All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionThe objective of this book is to organize and document the technical, analytical, and practical aspects of present-day apple processing. No collected works have been published on processed apple products for more than thirty years. During that time many changes have taken place in the apple-processing industry. There are fewer but larger plants processing apples from larger geographical areas because of advances in transportation and storage of fruit. In addition sophisti- cated technical advances in the processing and packaging of apple products have also occurred. This volume is designed to serve primarily as a reference book for those interested and involved in the processed apple industry. An attempt has been made to provide a central source of historical, currently practical, and theoretical information on apple processing. References have been cited to give credibility and assist those who may wish to read further on a particular subject. If this book success- fully summarizes present kwledge for readers and assists in the continued improvement of commercial fruit processing, I will be pleased. I would like to thank the many people in the apple industry who have requested information and encouraged the writing of this book. The late Dr. Robert M. Smock, Professor Emeritus, Cornell Univer- sity, and coauthor of Apples and Apple Products, originally published in 1950, gave his blessings and encouragement to this undertaking.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication06/05/2012
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note69 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight680 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edited byDonald L. Downing
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1989
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.