All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis work argues that the meaning and message of Lk 24 can be better perceived when the episodes of the text are read as a unit and from the viewpoint of a progressive transformation of perspective concerning the passion, death and resurrection of Jesus, a transformation culminating in the out-pouring of the Holy Spirit. It also contends that the gospel message cant be said to be incarnated in a culture when all its elements do t tend towards the Lord Jesus Christ and are t absorbed in his worldview. Without raising empirical questions about the resurrection of Jesus, the work discusses Lk 24 in its immediate and remote narrative contexts; it is an intercultural dialogue between the Lucan Sitz im Leben and that of the Tiv people of Benue state, Nigeria.
- Author BiographyThe Author: Terwase H. Akaabiam is a catholic priest of Makurdi diocese, Benue State, Nigeria.
- Author(s)Terwase H. Akaabiam
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication01/08/1999
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Series TitleEuropean University Studies
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 673
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published1999
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Weight270 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.05
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.