All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTo the reader: I am 31 years old. I was born the son of the Philadelphia Pagans' most torious leader. I've been around some of the most hardcore Pagans; Mongo, Conan, S &S, Malicious, Cheese, Terrible Tony and Dominic. The following events happened. This is t fiction. However, some of the names and locations have been changed in the interest of privacy. I was born into madness. This is my story. A gritty memoir about the author's journey through hell...and his ultimate escape from it. By the time he was thirteen, he already had attended thirteen funerals. Abandoned by his mother, and with his father, 'Mangy' Menginie - president of the Pagans Motorcycle Club, Philadelphia chapter - in jail, Anthony 'LT' Menginie is raised inside the Pagans and inducted into a life of sex, violence, drugs, and organized crime. In Mangy's absence, LT finds a father figure in the Saint, a club member who helps teach him the difference between the club members you respect - and those you fear. The author recounts the power struggles that occur when Mangy is released from jail and tries to resume his role as father and president. Soon all hell breaks loose when Mangy betrays the club by going over to the rival Hells Angels, helping to touch off the 'Biker Wars' in Philadelphia. The chapter's new president grooms LT to one day confront his father for his treachery. Faced with an impossible decision, LT has to decide where his loyalties lie. Prodigal Father, Pagan Son is a voyeuristic glimpse into the shocking and hyptic underworld of torious 'one-percenter' biker clubs, hit men, drug dealers, and the other individuals who operate under other rules than the 'club code.' But more than this, Menginie's story is the gritty and powerful true tale of surviving amid personal trials and tragedies, and of one man's determination to escape to a better life.
- Author BiographyAnthony 'LT' Menginie is the son of Anthony 'Mangy' Menginie, former Philadelphia chapter president of the Pagans Motorcycle Club...Kerrie Droban coauthored the capital brief, State v. Ring which was heard before the United States Supreme Court and resulted in the remand of over 180 death row cases nationwide. She is a graduate of the Johns Hopkins University Writing Seminars.
- Author(s)Anthony LT Menginie,Dr. Kerrie Oban
- PublisherAllen & Unwin
- Date of Publication01/07/2012
- SubjectTrue Crime
- Place of PublicationSydney
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- First Published2012
- ImprintAllen & Unwin
- Weight256 g
- Width128 mm
- Height198 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.90Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.