All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book covers the area of unpaced and unbalanced production lines. You will find an up-to-date discussion of how designing these lines can be made more efficient by taking advantage of inherent imbalance-for example, operators who work at different speeds-a concept that has traditionally been seen as an obstacle to efficient production. A series of experiments are presented to illustrate the issues involved in improving performance through production line imbalance. This area is of interest to postgraduate and executive level students interested in the area of production and to managers of manual or semiautomated production lines who are interested in invative approaches to line design. In this book you will find some surprisingly easy ways to improve performance with low or zero costs. Emphasis is placed on reducing the amount of time production lines lie idle and on reducing work in process. This is a timely contribution to the field when managers are casting around for new ways to cut waste and reduce their use of natural resources.
- Author BiographyDr. Sabry Shaaban received his PhD in management science from Sheffield Hallam University, England, and his MSc. in operational research from the University of Sussex, England. He joined ESC Rennes School of Business (France) in 1999 and is currently an associate professor in the Department of Finance and Operations, where he teaches courses in operations management and management science. He served as head of the department for 5 years. He has taught as a visiting professor at Thunderbird, Temple University, United States, and other business schools overseas. Dr. Sarah Hudson is a researcher and lecturer at the ESC Rennes School of Business. She completed her PhD in the field of liquid crystals and went on to work at the University of Sevilla, Spain, in the development of catalysts. She now teaches statistical analysis and research methods at ESC Rennes. Her research interests are in the field of sustainable development, technology, and production science. She is the coauthor of several articles in the area of production line efficiency with her colleague Sabry Shaaban.
- Author(s)Sabry Shaaban,Sarah Hudson
- PublisherBusiness Expert Press
- Date of Publication28/05/2010
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationSterling Forest
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBusiness Expert Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight178 g
- Width154 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.