All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow in its third edition this text describes how the latest techniques in production planning and control are applied to contemporary industrial setups so as to meet the ever-increasing demands of industrial organisations for better quality of services, faster delivery of products and for adapting to the rapid changes taking place in the industrial scenario. The most effective strategy for planning and controlling production processes cant be a static, preconceived one. Instead, it has to be one that is flexible and capable of adapting to the erratic changes in demand patterns. Evolving such a strategy requires more practical skill than simple theoretical kwledge. This book explores the demands of the present industrial environment and the techniques for addressing these demands through case studies drawn from Indian industries. The efficacy of various planning strategies, the methods for implementing them, and their suitability for different industries are clearly explained through these cases. While the essentials of theory are covered, the stress is on developing the practical skills required to tackle the unpredictable problems and the unforeseen demands of modern industry. The book places emphasis as much on the principles of heuristic techniques as on the systematic approach to production planning. This book is intended for postgraduate students of management and undergraduate students of industrial engineering. It will also be useful to the teaching community and practicing professionals.
- Author BiographyS.K. Mukhopadhyay, PhD, formerly Professor, National Institute of Industrial Engineering, Mumbai, had a brilliant academic career. He won numerous awards including the university gold medal for obtaining first rank in the master's degree examination. Dr. Mukhopadhyay has also excelled as an academician, administrator and industrial consultant of international repute. He regularly contributes articles to national and international journals.
- Author(s)S. K. Mukhopadhyay
- PublisherPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationIndia
- ImprintPrentice-Hall of India Pvt.Ltd
- Width160 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.